Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Carrier Chapter 2

"Cars pass by me and the rain continues to fall....

I don't have my shirt or any socks. And I'm still running. Everything is racing around in my mind.

I kept thinking about the man who had thrown me out the window and the mysterious masked men staring at me as my apartment was in flames.

I thought about the crystal.

Ever since the man in the trench coat embedded it into me, I have felt a flame in my chest, pulsing throughout my entire body.

I slowed down and went into a dark alley way to rest, hoping to ease the pain.

I sat by the opening, still being pelted by rain. I look down at the crystal and was caught by surprise.

I noticed that the crystal continuously changed color yet retaining its jet black glow.

And the gold lining that had grown over my body pulsed with the same color as the crystal.

It was causing the fiery pulse I had felt all this time.

All of a sudden I was pulled into the darkness of the alley.

My mouth was covered. I couldn't speak.

Whoever grabbed me then whispered to me to be quiet. My heart raced. But I listened and I stopped struggling.

I then saw another masked man walk pass the alley. He had thin hair, with long bony fingers.

My heart stopped. I didn't breathe.

A minute passed and I was finally let go. I turned around to see a hideous old man.

His eyes were stitched shut and it seemed his mouth once was as well but the stitches were cut.

He moves his head down towards the crystal, and he reaches out to touch it.

"How can you see me?" I asked. "I don't need to see with my eyes." He responded.

He pulls out a piece of paper from the darkness. He tells me to go the address that's written down.

He demands me to arrive there before dawn.

"You will be met by a man named Luis Namthom." He said scratchily.

He walked back into the shadows. "Don't be startled when you see him." he says as he disappears into the dark.

The man was gone. I stood there, still processing what had just happened.

I looked down at the address and headed out the alley way.

I stumbled out into the street and called for a taxi.

The cab pulled over to the side. I walked over to get in but out from my right something flew by.

It broke through the front windshield hitting the driver right in the chest.

"AHHH!" I jumped back, startled.

It was a spear lodged in the drivers chest. Blood gushed out.

I looked down the street to see where it came from and saw a man in a mask.

It was the same one who passed the alley earlier.

I rushed back to the taxi and pulled out the driver getting blood all over me.

In the corner of my eye I noticed the man had started running at me.

Every step he took shook the ground, getting stronger and stronger.

I jumped into the car and stepped on the gas, speeding right towards him.

He continues to run right at me. I looked down to guard my face from the collision. "THUD."

The shaking stopped. I look back up, and drive off. Looking at the mirrors, only to see no one behind me.

The radio was playing static. I turn it off and drive in silence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment