Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First Date


Tonight’s the night. I've waited so long for tonight. I really hope I
don't screw up.

I finally got a date with her. Out of every single guy in the entire
school, she chooses me.

She has deep green eyes, jet black hair, and some freckles on her
face. She's beautiful.

But that's the problem. She's beautiful. And that makes me extremely
nervous.

I know if I mess up once, or say one wrong thing she'll lose interest
in me.

I'm a typical Jersey high school junior, while she's a gorgeous
popular senior. I'm surprised she hasn't lost interest already.

For the past few days, I have been feeling sick, and today I haven't
gotten any better, only worse. Perfect.

My stomach is churning. It all feels like mush and something
slithering inside me.

I also might be related to the sun in some way, I'm dying! It's so hot
in here! I need to turn down the heat in the house.

I walk over and check the thermostat. Its 55 degrees. I am definitely
related to the sun. Great.

I'm sweating uncontrollably. I have never been this nervous before.

I look down at my shirt, only to see that I have sweat marks. Awesome.

Maybe taking a cold shower can hopefully help.

"PSHHHHHHH"

I step in and instantly I'm barraged with bullets made of ice pelting
my skin.

"GAHH!" The water is painfully freezing.

I jumped out of the shower, faster than I had gotten in, nearly
slipping.

Maybe the shower is a bad idea. I did take one just before anyways.
I'll just find a new shirt.

As I looked, I kept thinking about her. I'm so worried about tonight.

Everything has to be perfect.

I would go pick her up, go see some chick-flick at the movies, and go
around town and eat. That's the plan.

However nothing goes according to plan.

I hope I can actually talk normally and not stutter or slur my words,
like I do when I'm nervous.

Finally I've got a new clean shirt. I sit down on my bed and continue
thinking.

Its 6:02, I have to go pick her up at 7. Just 58 painfully long
minutes to go till I mess everything up.

No. I won't mess tonight up. I can do this! I shouldn't be negative.
I've got to stop being so pessimistic.

Wait... What's her name?! Oh crap I forgot her name! No wait, it's
Kelly. I'm stressing myself way to much.

I don't know her last name though. It could be Loman. I'm not sure but
I have to relax.

Just then I felt something slowly crawling up my throat. I knew what
it was. But I couldn't push it down.

It forced its way up. And I ran to the bathroom.

I made it to the toilet just in time.

I throw up my Froot Loops cereal breakfast and Italian sub lunch. Well
at least now I'll have room for dinner tonight.

I knelt down holding my head over the bowl. With the throwing up, also
came a massive headache.

Why is this happening to me! I don't deserve all this.

I stood up to look at myself in the mirror.

But I stood up way too fast. I got lightheaded. The room started
spinning and stars crept into the corners of my eyes.

I latched onto the sink counter for support waiting for the room to
start to slow itself down.

I looked at my reflection only to see an anemic looking child with
vomit on his face staring back at me.

Wow. I am such a fool. How can I be like this? I haven't ever been
this sick before.

I'm a complete mess. I can't get myself together. How am I going to be
in front of Kelly?

I'm way too sick to be in front of her. I have to call tonight off.
This isn't worth it.

No stop. I'll never have this chance again. Get yourself together!

I wash off the vomit from my pale pasty face.

I look down at my watch. The time literally takes my breath away.

6:58.

How is that possible?! Am I really that sick? Whatever the case, I got
to hurry.

I grab my toothbrush and Colgate toothpaste and scrub the horrid taste
out of my mouth.

While rushing, I somehow am able to run out the door and to my car
surprisingly with out falling.

"I hope I'm good enough to drive right now." I say to myself as I step
in.

As soon as I turn on the car, the radio blasts hardcore metal.

My eardrums feel as if they rupture and my head splits in half.

I quickly turn off the radio. I'm driving over to her house in silence
tonight.

10 minutes sped by and I finally arrived. I stare at her house. I hope
I'm ready.

I give myself one last check to see if I'm good. Sweat-marks? Check.
Horrible breathe? Check. Vomit-less face? Check. Good enough.

I get out and walk towards her door.

I was thinking of every step. Every movement towards her house. My
heart beating faster and faster.

I go up her steps and walk up the door.

My heart bursts out of my chest. This is it.

I slowly raise my hand and ring the doorbell. I take my final breath.

The door opens. My heart stops dead. I stop breathing. She stands
there in front of me.

She is more beautiful then I imagined.

All my symptoms go away.

My headache disappears. My stomach stops wanting to come up. And
nothing is spinning.

She smiles at me. "Hey Tim."

She remembers my name. I'm shocked.

"Hey there Kelly, you ready to go?" I somehow managed to ask her
without her smelling my vomit and Colgate breath.

"Sure!" she responded happily.

She closed the door and I held out my hand. She smiled and reached out
and held mine.

We walked down her path smiling holding hands. Wondering what the
future holds for us.

We step in my car and drive off, hopeful in what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment